Sidor

fredag 29 januari 2016

My memory is on paper

My memory is made of teflon, it's a common disorder for people who are brain-workers. I forget meetings, reporting students on vacation, and all those small things I have to fix to make the world go round. A planner is essential for my daily life and I've concluded that google calendar doesn't work for me. 

To keep my stress level down, I use mini post it notes for "to do" tasks. I post them in my planner, and when I've finished each task I throw the notes away. I can also move the notes to another day if something more important comes up. That means I only have to focus on one day at a time, being present, carpe diem and shit like that...

The problem with prefabricated templates is that they sometimes doesn't fit your needs. My teachers planner worked just fine, but I thought it was a little bit boring and limiting. After some good advices from my sister in law who also is a teacher, I bought a planner from Simple stories in A5 size. I liked it because of the pockets, the dotted lining and the size. But the main thing is that the ring opener is making you able to personalize it more.

I bought mine from Skaparlusten. I can highly recommend any swedish people who likes stationery this shop, because I got my parcel within two days. And she called me the day after I put my order because one of the items were out of stock. I told her to change it with something that fitted the rest of my order and she sent me the clips and inserts for the planner. 

I wanted my week plan to look more like a schedule than the horizontal one that came with the planner. Publisher is an excellent office based programme that is easy to use, making templates. I kept mine simple because I'm supposed to alter it for every week.
If someone is interested, I have this template in pdf-format to send to you. Note that you print it on A4, divide the paper in half and make your own holes fitting your planner. Oh and if you like, I can change the days to english or change the fonts, easy peasy.



12 kommentarer:

  1. Den där vill jag gärna komma och titta på!

    SvaraRadera
  2. I cannot function without notes! "My brain it teems with endless schemes", how am I supposed to remember anything! And a paper calendar and weekly diary, of course!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I'm embarrasingly forgetting everything.

      Radera
  3. So that is the planner you were talking about, great it is so easy to customize and indeed the pockets are super handy!
    I tend to forget everything as well but my planners always end up getting too messy so at a point I put them aside and start a new one -_-°

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I'm a bit worried that my planner also will be messy. With too much information instead of structured.

      Radera
  4. Thanks for sharing! I too feel restricted to pre printed templates and have embraced the 'bullet journal' format with many tweaks to make it my own!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. That's why I bought this one. The "the filofax-setting" of the rings makes it even more durable.

      Radera
  5. Så fint och roligt att dekorera den :D jag klarar mig inte utan almanacka, ärligt talat undrar jag hur folk gör för att ens veta vilka dagar och tider de jobbar utan att ha en kalender, haha!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Jag är likadan. Johan tycker att det är otroligt att jag inte använder google calendar. Men jag får ingen överblick. Dessutom använder inte de andra lärarna den så när vi ska boka ett möte så får jag iallafall sitta och mejlväxla.

      Radera
  6. Such a good idea! I love Simple Stories as well as Becky Higgins. They make such a lovely stationery and scrapbooking accessories! I tend to be quite forgetful too, so I think it is really clever you decided to keep yourself organized by using a planner. Maybe I should try too!

    SvaraRadera