Sidor

fredag 29 april 2016

Work has absorbed me.

I have been completely absorbed by my work. Even my studies has been put aside and I do as little as possible to finish them. The result is a bad student and a good teacher. 
I really love to work as a teacher. I'm going to tell you why.


  • I work with young people, their energy is amazing but some times they can be extremely tired. They live their life at 150%. My students are my battery power.
  • 99,5% of the students are amazing people. I really get mad at other adults accusing them for slacker lifestyle or lazyness. You only have to take a look at their schedule to realize how their days looks like. I try to know all my students, what they like, what they do in their sparetime, where they come from and maybe even their parents. Of course I let them to know me as well. If I have a bad day, I tell. I share chosen bits of my life (without exposing myself) so they can understand that I don't stand in a closet waiting for the next day to come. 
  • As a result of keeping the distance short, the relationship between students and teachers at the school is very friendly yet professional. Our office has become a bit of a hangout for some students, they like to sit by the table, studying close to their teachers or have a cup of coffee in the sofa. The drawback is that we sometimes need to walk somewhere else to talk about other students.
  • They learn me stuff. Sometimes we do laboratory tests that fail completely or try things I've never done and fail. From that we are all learning.
  • I have amazing colleagues. Except from a very few ones most are without prestige and share their thoughts, tips and tricks. It's very far from the engineering career I had before were some older men saw me as a threat or uncanny.
  • My bosses are great people. The principal is a caring person like to throw parties and put the students first. 
  • I work with one of my interests, chemistry. We have a lousy laboratory but I have to be inventive. The bonus classes I have is math wich I find very fun to teach.

  • I beleive that I'm a good teacher because I once were one of those students who didn't get it in math, didn't have any motivation from time to time and generally had difficulties. I can say that I understand them and they know that I mean it. I never call them lazy, I tell them that I know what they are going through (with hormones, lifesituations, anxiety, stress etc). I encourage them to ask questions. I even say "Great! :-)" when they say they don't get it, because I was once a student who didn't dare to speak up in class and ask questions to the teacher. 
  • I have a bunch of kids that I raise but don't have to pay for. I don't have to deal with the early teen problems but I can see them growing up to adults and that's fantastic.



  • I do lots of weird stuff sometimes and the content of my working bag can be mysterious. Sometimes I do silly things like in the photo above punching paper confetti for a students poster. I try to use different kinds of teaching methods and do practical and creative stuff.


So thats why you don't see me much. Time to get absorbed again.....

8 kommentarer:

  1. Du låter verkligen som en fantastisk lärare :D jag hoppas att jag en dag kommer hitta en arbetsplats som jag mår så bra på som du verkar må!

    SvaraRadera
  2. You have been missed. I see why you're so busy, what a rewarding job you have ♥

    SvaraRadera
  3. Är så glad att du trivs med ditt arbete som lärare! <3
    KRAM & ha en fin helg vännen!

    SvaraRadera
  4. I am glad everything is going so well for you at your job!

    SvaraRadera
  5. It sounds like a good job! How great that you have so much satisfaction! It sounds great to have such wonderful co-workers! And from a student point of view, fantastic that you try to understand them! I had some tutors who did not!

    SvaraRadera
  6. Låter jättebra att du trivs :) kram

    SvaraRadera
  7. That's so bizarre! I've been following you since the beginning and this update didn't show in my feed! WHAT THE HECK!?! YEAH FOR BEING AN AWESOME TEACHER!!!

    SvaraRadera
  8. It sounds like you are enjoying your job and a are a good and caring teacher. I'm happy for you that you have such an amazing job. :)

    SvaraRadera